.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thank God For Global Waming

        It's up to 45° Farenheit.  In January.  In Minneapolis.

        Hurrah!

        Recently, I noticed something called Hoodwinked! was big at the box office.  Having no idea, I googled it and found the plot summarized as:
        Little Red Riding Hood: A classic story, but there's more to every tale than meets the eye.  Before you judge a book by its cover, you've got to flip through the pages.  For this story, we begin at the end.  Furry and feathered cops from the animal world investigate a domestic disturbance at Granny's cottage, involving a girl, a wolf, and an axe.  The charges are many: breaking and entering, disturbing the peace, intent to eat, and wielding an axe without a license.  Not to mention, this case might be tied to the elusive "Goody Bandit" who has been stealing the recipes of goody shops everywhere.

        It sounded worth taking a chance on, so yesterday K. and I went to see it.  It was hilarious.  Much better than I'd hoped for.  Go see it.  I don't want to say more, because I don't want to ruin the surprises, but it reminds me of Airplane: the kind of thing where you want to recite nearly every line.  It's all around excellent.

        Stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home