.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wow, a Miracle!

      We went a whole week without rain.  I even managed to get the grass cut (and boy, how I LOVE my new, self-propelled power mower).

        But the clear weather was too good to last, and it rained today.  Still, it has been nice, compared to the September and it's thunderstorms and humidity.  If I work up the ambition, I'll go get a slew of tulip bulbs, and plant them near out back door.

        It's also turned quite cool.  Instead of sitting around with the air conditioning on, we put the electric blanket back on the bed, and are playing the game of "Who'll crack first on the heating?" chicken.  But cool isn't frigid, the way it will be in three months, so I'm not complaining, just observing.

        My big problem at the moment is what to get for a birthday present for a friend.  Compared to Pakistan, whose big problem is murderers and earthquakes, it reminds me how blessed we USAmericans are.  What a wonderful time, in such a wonderful country.

        Stay warm and well, friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home