.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Nuisancy, but the benefits outweigh the costs.

      Bariatric surgery, I mean.  Despite all the complaints I've made about not being able to eat easily, it was worth it.

      I peaked at 465 lbs. I'm now down to about 340.  Or to put it another way, for the first time in years, I can step onto our bathroom scale, and not go over its highest reading.

      As for my clothes, they're falling off me. I mean that literally.  I still have some pants that were tight before, and won't immediately hit the ground when I pull them on and let go, but the pants that fit right before have to be held up with a belt or a hand.  Otherwise, they immediately migrate to my ankles.

      So, I'll settle.  There are three or four kinds of bariatric surgery currently, and if you have a persistent obesity problem, I recommend you look into them.

      Me, I'm sorry I didn't do this years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home