.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday, June 27th

      Well, the air conditioner continues to hold.  That's a blessing.

      I finished another e-book, John Ringo's Ghost.  It's the kind of thing that Tom Clancy might have written, back when he was good.  It's also awfully dirty in places.  Let's just say that Michael Harmon is not the a very likeable person in some ways.  Still, I enjoyed it.  Recommended, especially if, like me, you're a Neanderthal right winger.

      And just in time, too.  The Postal Screwup has a package for me, containing a dead tree book, A Mankind Witch.  This is a fantasy by David Freer, who co-wrote The Shadow of the Lion and What Rough Magic with Mercedes Lackey and Eric Flint.  Witch is part of the same series, and alternate universe in which magic works, and the library of Alexandria was not burned down.  I liked the first two a lot, and I've read portions of the present one and like it, too.  With any luck, I'll have it tomorrow.  With great luck, I'll have it today.

      It rained this morning, so I can put off watering for another day or so.  I need to make an appointment for an eye exam for new glasses.  Otherwise, not much happening today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home