.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Personal Life Update

      It goes fairly well.  My biggest problem is still the way my stomach sometimes decides 'You ate a bit too much,' and insists on returning some of it to me, but it isn't happening as much as it used to.

      K. and I saw Sahara recently, and liked it.  Half-serious, half comic, a lot of fun.

      By the way, can any of you explain to me what the U.S. Postal Screwup (formerly the U.S. Post Awful) was thinking when it invented it's package tracking system?  Here's the tracking info the Postal Screwup gives me:

Apr 22, 2005 04:45:57 PM Fernley NV USA SHIPPED
Apr 22, 2005 12:00:00 AM US ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED

      In essence, it's been shipped, and it will get there when it gets there.  There is no way to track the package so you can find out where it is, and estimate its time of arrival.

      This is the way United Parcel Service does it:

Apr 27, 2005 10:33:00 AM EAGAN MN US IN TRANSIT TO
Apr 27, 2005 10:32:00 AM OKLAHOMA CITY OK US DEPARTURE SCAN
Apr 27, 2005 12:37:00 AM OKLAHOMA CITY OK US ARRIVAL SCAN
Apr 26, 2005 09:55:00 PM TULSA OK US DEPARTURE SCAN
Apr 26, 2005 08:47:12 PM TULSA OK US ORIGIN SCAN
Apr 26, 2005 05:33:59 PM Coffeyville KS USA SHIPPED
Apr 26, 2005 02:03:50 PM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

      With UPS, I can see that my package left KS yesterday, went to Tulsa OK, left Tulsa last evening and arrived in Oklahoma City just past midnight, and left Oklahoma City this morning.  It was probably shipped by air, and will arrive in the Twin Cities' area sometime today.  I can expect it tomorrow, or Friday at worst.

      UPS's service makes me think well of them.  The Postal Screwup's makes me angry at them.  Why are the idiots mocking me this way?  And I do mean mocking -- the information on the package was downloaded minutes ago; the package itself is in my living room.  Presumably, sometime tomorrow or the next day, they'll tell me they've delivered it.

      Idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home