.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Friday, February 25, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

      Today, I am fifty two years old.  Where the Hell did the time go?  I remember clearly when I turned thirty, and a friend gave me a card saying "Now I can't trust you anymore."

      This morning, I got up, wandered around in a daze for a bit (normal for me in the mornings), found most of the birthday cards my dear K. had procured for me (at Casa St. Onge, we buy multiple cards and leave them various places; one was in the refrigerator), and then we went out.  On Mon. morning, K. has a medical test at 8:15 AM, which means she has to rush there just after her shift ends.  We covered the route to get there from her work.

      The procedure, by the way, is a stress test.  K. had her first ever EKG recently, and she turned out to have a bundle branch block.  This is not especially worrying (I had my first EKG at age 18, and it turned out I had a bundle branch block then; I've never had any noticeable heart problems).  But the test needs to be done, because K. is scheduled for the same type of bariatric surgery I had Tuesday.  So our weekend will be the slightest bit tense, worrying that they won't OK the operation.

      Afterwards, out to breakfast.  We ordered one dish, and split it.  And most of my portion came home in a box.  The doctor and dietician told me that drinking while I eat would wash the food out of my stomach pouch faster, thus leading to slower weight loss.  In my case, the pouch drains to slowly that drinking is equivalent to eating, and the iced tea I swallowed meant I could only pick at my food.

      At the moment, I don't know how much I've lost lately, but I expect to be at Fairview-University hospital on Tuesday, and if I am I'll weigh myself again on their fat person scales.

      Other than that, not much has happened in the past week.  It's cold, we had a light dusting of snow, did I mention that it's COLD?  I hate winter, especially this far north.

      Hope you all have a good weekend.

THE HOUSE OF SAUD MUST BE DESTROYED -- AND WILL BE!

1 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday Steve.

    Old is what you get by surviving your mistakes.

    Wise is what you get by Learning from your mistakes.

    Frank Gasperik

    By Blogger Felix, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home