.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sunday: "Welcome to your new life!"

      That's what one of my physicians said to me while I was still in the hospital.  How's it going?

      It used to be, I'd pop a large, i.e. 12 inch, Freschetta┬« pizza into the oven, and when it came out I'd eat it.  By myself.

      Today, I've had a four-to-six ounce protein drink, a six ounce container of Yoplait® low-carb yogurt, a 4 oz. container of Dannon® low carb yogurt, and some water.  Eating the six ounce Yoplait was almost a chore: I had to put the more-than-half-full container back in the fridge for later attention.  Right now I'm a bit peckish, and am considering going upstairs to turn an orange into juice, then drink it.

      Otherwise, I don't feel hungry.  So I'd say, the operation is a success.

      The downside is that I'm half crippled.  After all, my guts were sliced open.  Doing anything that involves the abdominal muscles hurts a little, and is attended by great weakness.

      But all things considered, I'm wondering why I didn't do this fifteen years ago.

THE SAUDS MUST BE DESTROYED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home