.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Cut Steve's Blatherings

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Ambiguous with the timing, or 'Back in the cellar again!'

      In my first post on this blog, I mentioned that my modem had died just before I went into the hospital.  A long conversation with Qwest's tech support had elicited a pledge to send me a new, external modem to replace the bad one.

      So, I got home yesterday, and the new modem had arrived.  But that was small potatoes.  The big news was, K. had gone out and bought a new, Hewlett-Packard laptop!  Since the new modem was external, that meant I could use it with the laptop!  More importantly, the new modem has wireless capabilities, as does the laptop, so I could blog from anywhere in the house!  Yippie Skippie, Batman.

      Wrong.  It turns out, after much futile effort and more tech support, that the new modem is incompatible with my existing phone line.  So, I have to either send it back or ask the business office to upgrade my line.  We'll see tomorrow how that works out.

      It also turns out that the old modem has started working again.  So I'm back in the cellar, blogging away with the old standby computer.  We'll see how it goes.

THE SAUDS MUST BE DESTROYED -- AND WILL BE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home